2021 North Kingstown Father’s Day Classic Tournament Code of Conduct
The North Kingstown Father’s Day Classic tournament is an event for players of all ages to enjoy the game of soccer. As the Tournament Committee, participating coaches, referees, parents and spectators, we are responsible to create a safe, enjoyable and competitive atmosphere that makes the game fun for all of the players. Therefore, the following Tournament Rules of Conduct have been instituted. The backbone of these rules is the FIFA rules with specific interpretations unique to this tournament.
1. Interference by spectators: All spectators must be positioned on the opposite side of the field from both teams during the match. The tournament considers encouraging of violent play, foul language, intimidation or unsportsmanlike behavior from a spectator as interfering with a game. If a spectator interferes with a game in progress, the referee has the discretionary power to issue a rec card, stop, suspend, or terminate the game. The tournament expects the coaches to stop any interference from their teams’ spectators. In the event that the referee terminates the game, the Tournament Committee will decide the outcome of the game.
2. Player receiving a yellow card: If a player receives a yellow card from a referee, the player does not have to leave the game. Two yellow cards within the same game results in a red card.
3. Player receiving a Red Card or multiple yellow cards: If a player receives a red card or two yellow cards within a game, the player is ejected from the game, and cannot play in the next game including any playoff game. A second ejection of the same player results in ejection from the tournament. As there is no accumulation of yellow cards rule for this tournament, all yellow cards reset at the end of each game.
4. Coaches Conduct: The tournament considers the coach and other team officials to be role models for the team and expects them to conduct themselves in a responsible manner. The tournament considers the following to be examples of inappropriate behavior:
• Challenging referees decisions • Encouraging violent play • Unsportsmanlike behavior towards players, coaches, referees tournament officials or spectators • Non-English communication with referee crew
Any coach who has been expelled from a game by a referee must leave the immediate field area for the remainder of that game and will not be allowed to coach for a minimum of one full additional game. Based on a conduct review by the Tournament Committee, suspension may be extended for additional games or for the remainder of the tournament. Coach may view any games he/she is suspended from on the spectator side of the field. If the game is terminated due to a coach’s misconduct, game result will be deferred to the Tournament Committee for final determination.
5. Coach’s Box: Coaches must remain within the confines of the technical area, and must conduct themselves in a responsible manner. The tournament considers the technical area to be 3 yards to the left and right and two yards in front of the team’s assigned bench area.
6. All decisions made during the game by the referee on rules of the game are final. Protesting referee decisions on rules of the game will not be accepted.
7. Protests other than referee calls on rules of the game must be communicated in writing to the Tournament Co-Directors within two (2) hours of the match in question. The Directors will decide all protests. The Directors’ decision is final.
All teams/players will be covered by USYSA insurance at the time we participate in this tournament. A full Ocean State North Kingstown United general medical release form will be completed for each player prior to participation in the tournament.